At the end of September, we’ll follow these criteria to decide how to proceed with Nationals at Labour Weekend:
- If the whole country is at COVID Alert Level 1 or lower, we will proceed with our Level 1 plan.
- If the whole country is not at COVID Alert Level 1 and the date for returning the whole country to Level 1 is unknown, or falls after 23 October, we will use our Level 2 plan. So for example, if Wellington or Manawatū are at Level 1 and another part of the country is at Level 2 or higher we will use our Level 2 plan.
- If Wellington and Manawatū are at Level 2 or lower and another part of the country is above Level 2, we will run a multi-day event over Labour Weekend. This will use many of the same high quality maps and courses, but it will not be Nationals as not all competitors will be able to attend.
- If Wellington or Manawatū are above Level 2, and the date for returning both areas to Level 2 is unknown or falls after 23 October, we will cancel the event.
In short, we can run an event on Labour Weekend if Wellington and Manawatū are at COVID Alert Level 2 or lower, and if the whole country is at COVID Alert Level 2 or lower that event will be Nationals. Once we’ve made the decision we won’t switch to a “lower level” plan if things change before Labour Weekend.